Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

25 Weeks (I'll be 26 on Thursday.)

I can't believe I'm getting closer to the third trimester. My belly is really starting to pop out more! Andrew always jokes and says, "Somebody ate a big dinner." He is so excited...as we both are. 
I go in on Wednesday for my glucose tolerance test. I hope I pass. I've been eating a lot of sweet treats that our students made us for Christmas. 

Baby boy is really moving a lot lately. It's so fun to feel him move. He seems to move throughout the night when I'm resting and early morning. Then, I think he sleeps from about 8:00 - 2:00 and then he's back to punching, kicking, doing flips, who knows what he's doing in there? Andrew still can't feel him kick from the outside, but hopefully in a few weeks he'll be able to.

What a difference a year makes. Last year I was so down about not getting pregnant that I didn't decorate for Christmas and we waited until the last minute to shop for gifts. I just wasn't in the Christmas mood. Being around children made me so sad. I remember putting on a smile and going through the motions, but I just wanted to hide in the bathroom and cry. I just felt like something was missing and I couldn't fill that part of my life. My heart aches for my friends that are struggling to get pregnant right now. The Holidays are really difficult. I wish I had some good advice but I don't. I guess I just kept telling myself that God had a plan for us and I just kept thinking that maybe next Christmas would be different. I feel so blessed and thank God everyday for our little miracle.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and I hope that for those of you waiting for your miracle, that you get through the Holidays. Infertility has definitely made us stronger people and when that miracle does happen through pregnancy, adoption, etc... you're heart will be filled with so much joy...and I can't wait for it to happen for those of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment